Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity!

4 more weeks.
That's the time I've left in this office at the municipality in Uddevalla.
Actually i am employeed until the end of the year, but I am also entitled to 8 days of holiday that saved during my stay.

As you may know, earlier this month, I applied for the same job as I have today, but in another municipality- Vänersborg, where I live.
There was almost 40 applications- and only as few as 6 people passed on to the interview.
I was one of them!
A week later... when I was at afterwork I found out that the boss of the municipality where I applied for the new job, had called some of my co-workers including my boss to ask about me.

- Did you get the job Hannan ?
- What job? I don't know yet...
- Aha, they called me and asked about you... so i thought you got it ?!

I was speechless, didn't know what to say. But I was thinking
"if they called you, they must have called my Boss at the municipality in Uddevalla"

The next day at work, "I had eye" to ask my boss
- did they call you ?
- yes they did!

Why didn't he tell me ? Strange...
I wish i could hear that conversation. Have you ever thought of beeing invisable for a while ? Mm i wish...

Anyhow that same day, a bit into the evning...

I was on the staircase on my way upp when all of the sudden the phone rang while i was surronded by a million children screaming and shouting so i could barley hear the voice on the other line...

But I understood that the last choise was between me and another guy.
Sadly... the other guy got the job.
I was a bit to young... :(

How am I suppose to feel ? Happy ?
I could save that time, doing something else, not plagued by people I do not know...
But at the same time... I made it till the end + /- =0


anyhow.. it might be a bit nice to take some time off, relax, plan new thing in life if I will be without work . And maybe life will open some new doors.. i've been brooding about moving to another city and try something new..
or another country maybe :P...

7 comments:

  1. Du får inte FLYTTAAAA !!! Så e det bara :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. För att han var en dude, inte för att du var för ung! Blir såå arg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tack Elin :D vad snälla ni är

    ReplyDelete
  4. They missed the chance to work with a wonderful lady! Karma is working its magic here. Something amazing will come along soon. Good luck on your new adventures and you are welcome to come see us anytime. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Laura. You are the amazing one. I wish to come visit you some day, i just have to make some more planning about that :)
    Maybe comming year...
    Say Hi to the family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nära. Det kommer att dyka upp något ännu bättre för dig, Hannan Nohra.

    ReplyDelete