Friday, December 2, 2011

Waiting...

Imagin all the time we spend waiting...
waiting for the computer to load
waiting for the train to come
waiting for the summer to come
waiting for the program at tv to start
it never ends...

It's all about waiting and time is ticking. I hate waiting.

3 months ago, I called the doctor to book a time to check my health. He told me that he will send me a notice when to attend. And yepp, it came in the letterbox at home, 3 months later !
Of ALL the days, all the time in this 3 months, he picked exactly the same date as  I was suppose to go to the dentist, which I had also been waiting a long time for.

Anyhow I decided to change the dentist-day since the doctor was more important this time.
I wanted to be sure to be there in time, so i left work early.

The parking of the hospital was full, lots of visitors as usual. I couldn't find anywhere to park!
I was swirling around and around, like all the other cars that couldn't find a parking.
I started to get mad...
But then, with the corner of my eye i saw an old couple sitting in the car and i  thought - these are leaving.
I stoped a bit discreetly at the side of the road and when they left i took their parking :D

The weather outside was horrible. The wind was blowing so hard, and it was raining so much, I didn't know how I got to the ticketmashine.
2 hours should be enough. I putted the ticket in the car and hurried in to the hospital.

People came and left 10 minutes later, so i  thought- maybe I will also be done early... but time didnt stop ticking. That early time passed and my time was in. The doctor didnt come...

Nurses passed me time after times calling diffrent names, looking at me who just sat there shaking my head.
- Nope...

One of the nurses told me: "You've been here for a long time now so i understand that you are not one of my patient"

Time still ticking 2 hours had passed and i started to worry about my parkingticket. Time was running out.
I called for one of the nurses
- Excuse me, I was suppose to meet...
- Yes, the doctor is late dear and you know there is still 3 other woman waiting, and...
- I will go down and change the parkingticket!!!!
- Ok, i will note that.

Desperate i went to the ticketmashine, feeling i was going to blow away in the horrible weather. Putted all the coints that i found in my pockets in the ticketmashine, pressed the bottom and got a ticket
- untill 9am next morning !

-Now! I can stop worrying about the parking, I thought, going back into the hospital.
Back to my seat where I sat before. The Sofa had just started returning back to it's original shape. (After my behind giving the couch a new shape, while I sat there hour after hour)
I was tired and sweaty. Looking like something words can't describe

I took a deep breath. Starting to philosophise about life and it's meaning. Does it even has a mening? Not an important one. We just work and go to the doctor, ending up dead anyway. It sucks...
Life sucks. I dont want any children, I will just gain weight and get more ugly, I'll never get married, i'll never move from my parents house, I'll never...

I went from sitting straight up in the sofa, to slowly sink lower and lower, till the end, i was sitting on the floor with my head on the sofa and my arms over my head (Imagin ?!!? )


The nurse passed in the corridor
- Ms Nohra, I understand that you gave up hope of life, but come with me dear.
Even though i was so tired and mad, i putted the fake smile on my sweet lips and told her
- No, I didnt...
while i went after her in the corridor

She took me to a small room, with chairs hard like the floor. Oh no, i mean the floor was soft as the chairs.
- I know you have been waiting too long for the doctor, but you can sit here untill he comes if you want.

She just took me from my soft sofa to a hard chair in a small room, but ok...
It was calm in that room, no tv on no nothing.

Well i now had time to do everything- cleaning my teeth, fixing my nails, taking my own blood pressure, listening to my own heart-beats.
- I don't need any doctor, I can do all these stuff by my self...
I was talking to my self when it all of a sudden knocked on the door...

- Oh doctor...
I felt to the floor infront of his feet...
- God bless you. Finally I can go home ! Thank you, Thank you !
5 Hours later...
 

2 comments:

  1. Katastrof verkligen att du ska behöva vänta så länge !!! skit va arg ja hade varit om jag hade fått vänta såå länge !! :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap!!!! helt sjuk ju!!! du vet att man kan få pengarna tillbaks om det händer så va?! på vårdcentralen, om man har en bokad tid och det går mer än en halvtimma och man har inte fått träffa doktorn än så får man sina pengar tillbaks, alltså man får fortfarande träffa doktorn men man får sina pengar tillbaks för att man fått vänta längre än det bestämda tiden!!! men detta är kanske nåt inte många vet. Fråga mig om du har frågor om vården, jag kan nästan allt ;P och jag undrar, hur kommer det sig att du gick till sjukhuset? eller, var det Näl du gick till eller en vårdcentral i vbg?

    ReplyDelete